Wandering social media this morning with my nice cuppa Barry’s Irish Tea, I couldn’t help noticing how many people were posting that the weekends were proving exceptionally difficult during Coronapalooza2020. I agree, and have a few suggestions, all of them with a common denominator – contact. Here’s a few things that can improve the weekend for many:
- Contact family, either through a series of calls or (if that is too scary because, family), texts, posting comments to their social media posts, or creating a text thread sharing old family photos (thanks, Jane).
- Respond to posts with comments, messages of support, questions, etc. too often we look and scroll on.
- Participate in non-pandemic discussions. For example, favorite episode of a TV show (Buffy “The Body” comes to mind, or season 4 of Angel, or any episode of any show featuring the character John Constantine).
- Share adorable baby videos. This is the domain of my brother Kevin, and he does an excellent job.
- Share a video of a classic song or scene from a film or TV show. This is the domain of my brother Kevin, and he does an excellent job.
- (6, ya crazy auto numbering!) Enjoy the “this day in pop culture and/or literature” FB posts of Michael Rogers (on Insta it’s @mike_rogers_pix). Always fun and informative.
- (7) Basically, spread the joy we do have in life. We all need it, especially on a gray Stay Home Saturday.
I write this series in an effort to help others get through this. You are welcome to add your comments on today’s topic (#stayhome) in the space below. #MOC19